I haven’t shared a food post in a while, mainly because of my hectic schedule, but today I wanted to share a quick and delicious snack idea with you. I love to snack on popcorn, and lately I have been making different kinds of popcorn at home. I found this great blog called Versus from my Kitchen, where he shares 3 very “chic” gourmet popcorn recipes. I love that he added the fresh herbs to the popcorn, and the thyme and sea salt one is to die for. Check out all three of his recipes here.
I also wanted to share one my favorite popcorn recipes, which is a truffle and parmesan popcorn. As you may know if you have been reading my blog for a while, I love anything with truffle on it. I recently made a batch of truffle parmesan popcorn, and it disappeared rather quickly. All of these recipes also make great gift ideas. Just place them in a cellophane bag with a nice bow, and voila!
- 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Truffle Oil (more if you like a stronger truffle flavor)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a few kernels and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once the kernels pop, add remaining kernels to pot and place lid over it (leaving a gap for steam to escape).
- As the kernels pop, shake the pot until the popping slows down to about 2-3 second between pops. Remove from heat.
- Melt the butter in a small pot or in the microwave. Add the truffle oil to the melted butter.
- In a large bowl, toss the popcorn with the melted butter/truffle oil mixture and season with salt and pepper. Then add the grated parmesan.
- For presentation, you can add some fresh herbs like rosemary or chives to give it a pop of color.